This week, September 12-18, 2021, is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW). Logistics Plus (which was founded and is owned by a former truck driver) and its sister company, National Truckload (NTL), would like to thank the 3.6 million professional men and women for their hard work in undertaking one of our economy’s most demanding and important jobs. These truck drivers deliver our goods safely, securely, and on time. We ask that you please join us this week to celebrate and honor our truck drivers for all of their hard work and dedication.
This year’s National Truck Driver Appreciation Week takes on a special significance considering the crucial role truck drivers have played during the Covid-19 pandemic. Our drivers have delivered ventilators and other medical equipment to hospitals, distributed cleaning products across the country, and delivered personal protective equipment to businesses in need. While it’s impossible to individually recognize each driver, we thank you for your crucial role in keeping our society moving forward during these challenging times.
TRUCKING INDUSTRY FACTS AND FIGURES:
- In 2019, the trucking industry hauled 11.84 billion tons of freight
- In 2019, 67.7% of goods moved between the U.S. and Canada were transported by trucks
- In 2019, trucks moved a total of $772 billion worth of freight
- There are 3.6 million truck drivers in the U.S. and women make up 6.7% of the drivers in the U.S.
- Over 41% of truck drivers are minorities and 7.95 million people held trucking related jobs in 2019
To learn more about National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, visit the America Trucking Association (ATA) website here: www.trucking.org/national-truck-driver-appreciation-week