As we announced last month, Jim Berlin/Logistics Plus and LP Linguistic Solutions were both nominated for Disrupt Erie Awards by Innovation Collaborative. Winners were announced Wednesday night at Presque Isle Downs & Casino. As reported by Erie Times-News earlier this morning, the following winners were named:
- Creative Entrepreneur of the Year: Margo Wolfe and Mark Tanenbaum, Performing Artists’ Collective Alliance.
- Erie’s Hero Award: O.G. Crawford and H.O. Hirt, founders of Erie Insurance.
- Social Impact Entrepreneur of the Year: Jim Berlin, founder of Logistics Plus.
- Startup Champion of the Year: Linda Stevenson, chairwoman of the Athena PowerLink program.
- Startup of the Year: Erie Ale Works.
- People’s Choice Award: Iron Empire Clothing.
Companies nominated for awards are driving change within the community and within their respective industries, and are making a lasting economic impact and creating lasting opportunities. The Social Impact Entrepreneur of the Year Award was based on a founder’s work that has had the most positive impact on the community’s well-being over the past year. All winners were chosen (50%) based on public input and (50%) based on the specific criteria listed on the nomination forms. Final judging was performed by Mr. Thom Ruhe and the Innovation Collaborative Board of Directors.
Congratulations to all of the winners in Innovation Collaborative’s first-ever Disrupt Erie Awards!