As part of our commitment to combat cargo crime and ensure of the security of our customers’ cargo, Logistics Plus and National Truckload (NTL) have become CargoNet members to help prevent, report, and combat cargo theft and other transportation industry crimes. By joining CargoNet, Logistics Plus and NTL logistics specialists have better access to:
- Real-time alerts of reported transportation-related crimes, and ‘BOLO’ notifications of stolen or missing cargo and trucks
- A database of stolen merchandise and van missing vehicle reports
- A 24/7/365 Command Center of cargo crime specialists to assist in the unlikely event that we do have our freight stolen – to help us put together incident reports, facilitate communications to the various law enforcement agencies, push notifications throughout the member network, and to help aid in the fight to recover the stolen goods
- A decades worth of cargo theft analytics that can help us both with reporting to our customers, as well as selecting most secure routes and locations for moving and storing sensitive or high-risk cargo
- Educational materials and seminars for best practices in securing our shipments and our facilities
The purpose of CargoNet is to prevent cargo theft and increase recovery rates through secure and controlled information sharing among theft victims, their business partners, law enforcement and NICB. CargoNet features a national database and an information-sharing system managed by crime analysts and subject-matter experts.