4PL Supply Chain Solution
This case study is an example of a 4PL supply chain solution implemented by Logistics Plus for HERO BX, a top 10 producer of biodiesel fuels in the United States. Although the original solution was implemented nearly 10 years ago, it remains successfully in place today. A summary is provided below. If you’d like to download and read the complete case study, click here or click the thumbnail image shown below.
- HERO BX is the largest biodiesel production facility in the Northeast
- The facility has the capacity to produce 50 million gallons of biodiesel a year
- Biodiesel is a high-volume, narrow margin business making logistics an important component to its overall market competitiveness
- Outsource logistics expertise for rate negotiations, route planning, and inbound/outbound coordination to allow the production facility to focus on its core competencies of making biodiesel
Logistics Plus® Solution
- Provide two dedicated logistics specialists to work on-site at the HERO BX production facility to plan, route, and coordinate all logistics activities
- HERO BX production and sales have increased annually to a peak in 2013 of nearly 50 million gallons of biodiesel (nearly 150,000 gallons per day)
- Logistics Plus on-site personnel have become crucial members of the HERO BX procurement and logistics team, successfully coordinating transportation for 15-30 rail cars and 25-50 trucks per day in and out of the production facility
Video interview with Chris Kuehl, the Logistics Plus employee who manages rail logistics for HERO BX.