Logistics Plus has a number of sustainability initiatives in place as we strive for a cleaner world for future generations. We will continuously identify, assess, and manage the elements of our operations that impact the environment. In line with sound business practices we will:
- Minimize pollution and consumption of fuel, energy, and water where possible
- Minimize environmental impact when disposing of waste
- Maintain a management system which establishes goals, responsibilities, monitoring methods and a review process of environmental performance
- Provide awareness training and job-specific training for employees on environmental issues
- Consider environmental aspects in all investment and procurement decisions
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to introduce programs that support our environmental objectives, especially where their activities have a significant impact
- Support innovation in environmental policy with the involvement of all stakeholders
The SmartWay Transport Initiative
Logistics Plus is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partner, and deeply committed to sustainability best-practices. We joined the SmartWay Transport Initiative in 2010 with the goal of reducing our impact on the environment. Each year, performance data is submitted and reviewed to qualify as a SmartWay partner. Since our involvement began, we have demonstrated our commitment to environmental sustainability by receiving SmartWay approval for 9 consecutive years.
The Future of Logistics
Logistics Plus is actively monitoring the progress of electric and energy-efficient modes of transportation as they become available. As part of our commitment to sustainability for future generations, we understand the importance of reducing our carbon footprint. As transportation companies continue to adapt and modify their fleets, we promise to utilize the most environmentally friendly transportation options.
Our Partnership With RIO
Through our previously announced partnership with Restoring Integrity to the Oceans (RIO) – an organization dedicated to making the oceans safe for all life above and below the water for generations to come – Logistics Plus assists with all aspects of supply chain management. This includes the transportation of collected plastic debris, international regulation assistance, cross-border trading, and navigation of customs and global trade compliance. Furthermore, we are committed to using our global network of customers and partners to connect RIO with people who support its mission of restoring integrity to the World’s oceans.
You can watch our RIO partnership video on the Logistics Plus YouTube Channel below.