An Importer of Record (IOR) ensures that imported goods comply with all customs and legal requirements of the country of import. This is usually the owner of the goods but may also be a designated individual or customs broker.
Importer of Record (IOR) services are provided by companies like Logistics Plus, specializing in international trade. These companies can help you import goods into a country without having to establish a physical presence there.
There are many benefits to using an IOR service, including the following:
- Increased efficiency: IOR services can help you save time and money by streamlining the import process.
- Reduced risk: IOR services can help you reduce the risk of errors and delays by complying with all customs and legal requirements.
- Increased flexibility: IOR services can help you import goods into any country, even if you don’t have a physical presence there.
If you are considering importing goods into a country, an IOR service can be valuable. Contact Logistics Plus to learn more about the benefits of our IOR services.
Here are some additional details about IOR services:
- The IOR is responsible for all aspects of the import process, including:
- Filing the necessary paperwork with the customs authorities
- Paying import duties and taxes
- Retrieving the goods from the port or airport
- Delivering the goods to the final destination
- The IOR must have a physical presence in the country of import
- The IOR must be licensed by the customs authorities
- The IOR must be bonded
If you are considering using an IOR service, it is important to research and find a reputable company that can provide you with the level of service you need.
Let us know if you’d like us to provide more information or offer you a quote.